Pathway to Disease
By Jerry Tennant, M. D.
The principal control mechanism of the body is the autonomic nervous system.† It has two parts, sympathetic (fight or run) and parasympathetic (eat and sleep).† When the sympathetic turns on, the parasympathetic turns off.
The sympathetic is turned on by the following mechanisms:
When we are sympathetic-on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we develop typical chronic disease and chronic fatigue because:
1. Parasympathetic shutdown means we donít make enzymes and donít have normal blood supply and enervation to the gut because the blood is sent to the muscles so we can fight or run better.† That means that even if we eat a perfect diet and take $100 worth of nutriceuticals a day, they wonít be absorbed.
2. Parasympathetic shutdown also means the large intestine wonít work.† Itís main function is to conserve water.† As the digestive sludge is delivered to the large intestine, it normally extracts the water.† Without normal enervation and poor blood supply, this doesnít work well.† There develops a waxy, oily coating of the large intestine.† The wall of the gut becomes leaky and inflamed = leaky gut syndrome.†† This allows large molecule proteins to enter the blood causing allergy.† The blood tries to excrete them through the sinuses = sinusitis.† The debris invites Candida and parasites to live there because they like to eat the waxy, oily debris.† Killing them does little = they will keep returning until the parasympathetic system is re-activated.
3. When the sympathetic system is on, it also turns on all of the endocrine glands so that we can fight or run better.† The brain makes more serotonin, dopamine, and nor-epinephrine.† The thyroid makes more hormone to increase metabolism.† The parathyroid makes more hormone to increase calcium which is necessary for nerve conduction and muscle contraction.† The pancreas makes more insulin.† The adrenals make more cortisol so more sugar is available.† They also make more adrenalin.† The gonads make more sex hormones which make us stronger.
4. As we run out of nutrients since the gut doesnít absorb them, we run out of raw materials to make hormones.† Since hormones are made from fat, this ridiculous low-fat diet craze doesnít help either.
5. In addition to not having the proper building blocks to make hormones, the endocrine glands also just wear out from running 24/7.† That means the brain canít think, your metabolism slows down so you gain weight you canít lose, lack of adrenalin makes it hard for you to deal with stress, lack of cortisol and insulin makes you hypoglycemic, and lack of sex hormones makes you impotent and then disinterested in sex.
In addition to the endocrine glands, the sympathetic system turns on the immune system.† It also runs 24/7 and wears out.† You are then susceptible to both external infections and internal infections (the pleomorphic endobionts).††
Now you are set up for chronic fatigue and then organ failure.† You are susceptible to all sorts of infections.† Because your brain doesnít have the chemicals to think and you are low on adrenalin, you go from anxiety to anger to depression to anxiety to anger to depression.† This causes your relationships to fail with your spouse, your parents, your children, your co-workers and your God.
This is what is called the Pathway to Disease.† To have any lasting affect, you must go back to the beginning to shut down the sympathetic and turn on the parasympathetic systems.† First you must replace the missing magnesium and potassium (and often copper).† You must correct the pH with better food choices† and a short-term burst of sodium bicarbonate.† You must eliminate the food toxins by restricting wheat and corn.† Eat fruit for breakfast and meat and vegetables except corn for lunch and supper.† Start desensitizing to the wheat and corn by using homeopathics.† Then start working with the emotional things that turn on the sympathetic system.†
Once we can balance the autonomic system, the gut will start absorbing nutrients, the endocrine glands will rest and recover, the immune system will recover, etc.† If you donít, youíre wasting your time.† Killing Candida without turning on the parasympathetic system is like taking the dent out of one fender of a car which has been totaled.† The fender may look better, but the car is still a wreck.